Pins and needles with hot flushes all over body. On vitamins and antihistamines. Nothing helps. Why?

34 year-old male, height 180cm, weight 83kg. Very active physically, i get pins and needles and hot flushes all over my body when i get hot, it lasts for a few minutes at a time. I've taken vit b12, antihistamines, nothing helps. Whenever it happens i have to stop and splash water over my body to cool down.
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Your symptoms are suggestive of cholinergic urticaria.
It is characterised by a hypersensitive response in the skin as a result of the body increase in temperature (passively or actively), or the release of sweat.

Some common treatments include taking antihistamines (such a Allegra, Zyrtec, or stronger ones), avoiding known triggers (such as hot weather, physical activity, and spicy foods), corticosteriods (only for extreme cases), anabolic steroids, UVB therapy, sweat/exercise therapy, diet changes (such as avoiding known trigger foods), and more.

You can get the appropriate drugs prescribed from your dermatologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.