Pinning sensation in lower lip.Is it related to ear infection?

My lower lip especially on the right hand side,has little pin sensations...even a pulling down feeling.I saw a couple of Doctors, did some tests and checked me out but found nothing.Could it be something to do with an ear infection...My right ear gets a little sore now and then.I've had ear wax before and had it flushed out.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

No, it cannot be something related to the ear infection.

The doctors have checked you and the tests also seem to have found nothing. This commonly happens when there is electrolyte imbalance and the routine investigations are normal in such instances. Chronic alcohol consumption can also lead to this.

Add fresh fruits and fruit juices to your daily diet. Consume lots of fluids orally with electrolytes. You can take the oral rehydration salt with water as well.

The symptom should wean off gradually. Take multivitamins supplements on a daily basis.

I do not think there is any serious underlying pathology in you.

Let me know if you have more concerns.