Pinkish tinge in the urine. Unprotected sex. Have to take Depo provera. History of kidney and urinary bladder problems. Sign of pregnancy or UTI?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have a pink tinge in the colour of my urine. What do you believe it is?
I have a history of kidney and bladder problems. I am due my depo provera soon, they've had to do a sample pregnancy test at the doctors as I missed it last week. I did have unprotected sex on the week I missed my depo, believing it would still be okay. I'm waiting for the results. I'm unsure as to if it is a UTI or sign of pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 35 minutes later

The pinkish tinge in your urine can be due to:
a. Passing extremely concentrated urine ( which occurs in dehydration)
b. A urinary tract infection
c. Renal stones
d. Side effect of a medication

A pinkish tinge in the urine is not a sign of pregnancy. In pregnancy, women usually complain of frequency of urine.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further query