Pinkish red stool, abdominal pain, perspiration, easy bruising, weight loss. Bowel cancer?

I normally have very normal bowel movements..however sometimes I see little flecks of pinkish red in my stool...kind of looks like food particles.. I have never had black stool...or foul smelling..never ever any blood in the toilet just sometimes pink/red flecks and not even all through the stool...

last week I had eaten red licorice and the next day I had what appeared to be little pieces of licorice...not many a few pieces...

I am worried that this is bleeding...since this I have had pretty normal BM's with nothing in them..

I am 33 years old..sometimes abdomila pain but relieved when I go to night sweats...easy bruising..weight loss...

I am worried I have bowel cancer
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 4 hours later

Blood in the stools can be:

1) lower gut origin when it is bright red

2) upper Gut origin when it appears as black tarry stool.

The colour of the stool is greatly influenced by the food eaten.

It is normal to see some bits of undigested food materials in stools once in a while especially sheathed items. Eventhough colon cancer does present with bleeding in stools it is quite uncommon at your age. Polyps and rectal ulcers / hemorrhoids are relatively more common at your age.

For your satisfaction and to ruleout things you could get a stool routine examination including occult blood on three consequtive days.Further evaluation can decided after this.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for your follow up queries.