Pinkish red skin complexion, sun burnt look, face irritation. using neutrogena oil free acne face wash. Treatment for pinkish skin ?

My skin complexion is a very pinkish red,, And in some lighting I look just very sunburnt its very embarrassing. Also about 3 hours after i shower the oils on my face start to irritate my face and its almost like a sunburn feeling which my face becomes more red. I am not using any irritating products on my face just the neutrogena oil free acne wash because i have a little acne because I'm a 19 year old guy. Is there anything i can do to help my pinkish complexion without makeup
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
The skin complexion is generally dependent on your genes. To darken your skin color, tanning might help you but be sure that you apply plenty plenty of sunscreen to prevent sunburns and harmful effects of UV rays.
Sometimes using creams for pimples or too frequent washing also alters the skin ph thus making it look reddish specially under sun exposure.
You can also help the way you look by changing your hair color and the clothing you wear. Using lighter colors might make your complexion look less prominent.
If nothing helps then you can consult your dermatologist for an even skin tanning with the help of medicines which after exposure to sun increase the melanin synthesis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Pinkish red skin complexion, sun burnt look, face irritation. using neutrogena oil free acne face wash. Treatment for pinkish skin ? 24 hours later
The problem isn't as much tanning because Im on the track team and in the sun everyday and i don't get sunburned because i use a good amount of sunscreen but its more the fact that my skin color when XXXXXXX in certain lightings it looks very red,,, is there any vitamins that will help my skin tone or creams etc.. but mainly if any vitamins will help that would be great, or vitamins that reduce your chance of sunburn and make your skin softer and thicker
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

The vitamins that can help you in improving your skin texture is Vitamin E.

You can use Placentrix gel with oral psoralens and corticosteroid ointment on your face for stimulating melanocytes for better pigment production.

These you can get prescribed from your Dermatologist after proper examination.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a good health.