Pinkish orange discharge post period, fishy smell, not pregnant. Cancer?

Hi! I am 20 years old, sexually active, but sex is always protected. Recently I started to notice unusual discharge, that has fishy smell and varies in color from thick white to bright yellow. Right now I am experiencing light pinkish orange discharge, that is fishy smelling. It is two days after my last period. I am 100% not pregnant. Please tell me if that sounds like I have cancer of any kind?
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 39 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query

It appears you are suffering from vaginitis which is mixed type.

It can be candidiasis along with bacterial vaginosis.

Pinkish discharge can be due to infection or cervical erosion.

You can take tablet secnidazole and apply local clindamycin and metronidazole cream.

Get your pap's smear done to exclude any kind of dysplasia in cervical cells.

I hope this answers your query.

Any further query is most welcome.
Follow-up: Pinkish orange discharge post period, fishy smell, not pregnant. Cancer? 19 hours later
Thank you very much for your reply. I just want to let you know that I went to the doctor couple of month ago(and had all the same symptoms) and had vaginal culture test performed and it came back all negative, showing that I do not have any infections. I just want to find out if that sounds like a cancer to you? I am very very worried.
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
No I don't think you are having any cancer but prophylactically you should get your pap's smear done.
Vaginal culture can be negative in bacterial vaginosis , there will be positive clue cells.

At 20 yrs of age cancer is very rare.

God bless you