Ask a Dentist   »  

Pinkish bumps on the back of the tongue. Do I have HIV?

Dermatologist
Question
I small pinkish bumps in back tongue what do that mean and is that hiv
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello dear,
thanks for the query.
Small pinkish bumps are normal on posterior tongue. They are called as circumvellate papillae, which is a normal component of tongue. It is arranged in a linear fashion on posterior tongue. They are always present but sometimes they get enlarged and at that time you feel them.
It definitly doesnt mean hiv. In hiv most common thing to happen is oral candidiasis, which presents in the form of white patches. So dont worry you dont have hiv. If you want to be sure, get a test for hiv done.
Thank you

Follow-up: Pinkish bumps on the back of the tongue. Do I have HIV? 50 minutes later
Ok thank is it a med for it to go alway

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello dear,
thanks for follow up.
You can take vitamin B complex capsules for 10 days. It will go off with that.
Thank you