Pink vaginal discharge, external itching. Had yeast infection, taken flucanozole. On Ortho Tricyclen. Can it be pregnancy?

Problem: very light pink vaginal discharge noticed when cleansing after passing urine (discharge is thin in consistency), slight external itching - similar to the feeling at the very beginning of a yeast infection

I immediately though yeast infection with the itching. I called my doctor and based on my request (no exam) she called in an Rx for Fluconazole. I have not picked up this Rx or administered the first dose. Tonight, I notice the light pink tinge after urination. I have experienced light pink discharge with a yeast infection in the past, but decided to Google anyway. (probably my biggest mistake as I'm pretty sure I've diagnosed myself with 14 additional conditions in the last 30 minutes)

My concern and the reason I'm here is that I've read on several sites that a pink discharge could be an early sign of pregnancy... I'm wondering how early a sign.

My history:
32 years old
1 child (3.5 years)
The first day of my last three cycles are as follows: April 12, March 6, and January 29
Last sexual encounter: April 19 and April 20
I am on OrthoTriCyclen. However, I missed a pill on April 18. On April 19th I took 3. (I read the insert on missed pills and it said take two, so I figured I'd take 3 to be super sure) We used a back up method on April 19th, but the condom did not perform as expected. On the 20th we forgot the condom. (not our usual form of birth control, heat of the moment, etc etc etc)

I have two questions:
1. Do my symptoms sound like my usual yeast infection?
2. Could this be a sign of early pregnancy and if so would this be the case 13 days after the "Great Birth Control Snafu of April 2013"? (I'm hoping it's the former and I'm just suffering from Google induced paranoia.)

Thank you in advance for your time.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 13 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. The itching symptom could be related to a yeast infection but even bacterial vaginosis (excess of vaginal bacteria) could have itching. You are still not having a menstrual delay given your last period on the 12th, but certainly, there are shorter menstrual cycles and their inconsistencies with birth control. Hence, an early implantation spotting cannot be completely ruled out by history alone; but if you visit your health provider, you can get a quick easy answer for both conditions and peace of mind: vaginal samples to look for infection and a urine pregnancy test. Soon after the visit, you will have both answers

Hope this is useful; wish you the best health.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic Rochester