Pink spot appeared on leg. What could this be?

What can cause pinkish spots on the leg. They are not raised feel like. Regular skin. They are about 1/4 of an inch and smaller
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Pinkish spots of recent onset on leg if one or two located closely means bleeding just under the skin due to some inadvertent injury, usually these vanish in three weeks.
If they are there for long and blanch on pressore and come back when you release the pressure, they are due to locally dilated veins.
If they are numerous small specks, they may indicate a problem with blood coagulation and in this case you need to consult a local physician as soon as possible.
The first two events are self limitting and do not need to be reviewed or treated.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.