Pink discharge from navel after heavy workout, pulse 120

I am a 75 year old male; height 5 ft 8 in; weight 136 lbs. I have a pinkish leakage from my navel after a heavy workout (25 minutes with pulse up to 120). This just started a few days ago and may be connected with an increase in the stress of my workout.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

The pinkish leakage from the navel is serum. There is a suspicion of infection at the navel. At this age generally the skin becomes dry and cannot fight mild infection. It is been for few days and today the symptoms increased because of non treatment. It is incidental to find more leakage after your weight lift.

The belly button is most easily prone for infection be it bacterial or fungal. It is also being neglected by a person while bathing.

You should do the following now.
1) Use an over the counter antifungal cream like Canestan twice daily.
2) Wash the area with diluted hydrogen peroxide / antibacterial soap one hour before the application of the above cream. Make sure you dry the area patting with clean towel or cotton.
3) Do not poke the area with finger.

If the above measures would not help you in two days it is prudent to see a doctor in your local area.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more queries regarding the same.