Pinching pain in chest, breathlessness, ECG normal. What should I do to get rid of this?

Hi Doctor,
I am from India, I feel pinching pain in left side of my chest ( may be its from rib cage).

But sometime suddenly I feel breathlessness and uncomfortable and after 30-45 min of this problem I feel normal after burping.

My ECG is always normal, TMT is normal & 2D Stress Echo is normal.

My lipids are normal but My HSCRP is greater than 10.
My Uric Acid is 8.46 and Serum Creatnine 1.46

Please advise what should I do to get rid from this problem because I feel passing out at the time of breathlessness.

Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 26 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist.
I wish you should have uploaded the EKG and typed total TMT report. Delhi has world Class hospitals and please do not be so anxious your problem will be resolved to begin with tell me what you do for living your working and sleeping hours and how much Clonazepam you take on an average day.
With the data you have provided you have hypertension with heart involvement producing diastolic dysfunction (do write full report in follow up query) with anxiety contributing to breathlessness. A prolonged rapid breathing can produce symptoms of passing out. Please upload your EKG and type in complete echo and TMT report with name and qualifications of doctor who did these two investigation, I will answer more definite than this preliminary response asap. Good Luck.

Looking forward to get a mail from you.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Pinching pain in chest, breathlessness, ECG normal. What should I do to get rid of this? 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply,

I have uploaded following reports:

1. ECG Report with Health Checkup Report
2. TMT Report
3. 2D Echo

Awaiting your mail.

+91 0000
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 36 minutes later

I have seen your reports and apart from Diastolic Dysfunction (which I had mentioned in the first mail) was no other abnormality. You have not written about your job (mention your height and weight also), any reason for anxiety and details of lipid profile and I want to see HS CRP value range report yours is 10 that you had mentioned. So far my diagnosis is the same you are getting anxious for small things it could be significant. After you send the reports I can suggest a couple of doctor's names in Apollo Delhi or as you have expressed you can travel to and fro from Delhi to Sunday (by Shatabdi) and I see you in person. You can call the number which you called before for the date. For you, the consultation fee will not be charged and we do not expect to do any tests. I do not think any purpose will be served by you on phone and it is not in the protocol of Healthcaremagic? Please give reply to fill in the blanks and what exactly you want to talk to me about? Please stop worrying. Good luck.
I am awaiting your mail.
With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover
Follow-up: Pinching pain in chest, breathlessness, ECG normal. What should I do to get rid of this? 3 hours later
Dear Sir,
I can not express how I am feeling after discuss with you.
From last two year I m facing this problem but every doctor told me (execpt you) that its happening because of panic attack.

Even I met for counselling also.

After get your response I feel that this problem will be no more with me.

Surely I would like to XXXXXXX you at Chandigarh.

I ll take appointment tomorrow.

Warm Regards
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later

Thank you for your kind words.
Please bring all your records. The clinic is 5 minutes drive from Railway Statation and morning train reaches at about 11 just the right time. Lateron you can see the City and leave by evening train at 6 PM. PLease book it and tell us the date except Monday any day is convenient for us.

Good Luck.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover
Follow-up: Pinching pain in chest, breathlessness, ECG normal. What should I do to get rid of this? 10 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Its sure that I will XXXXXXX you within 1 week after taking appointment.

In the meantime I want to know that Is Diastolic Dysfunction recoverable ?

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 11 minutes later
Yes my young friend if proper medicines are taken then the Diastolic Dysfunction of Left Ventricle is definitively recoverable. If you have taken the appointment. Please close this query with comments and starring as per your desire. If not taken you can always call and schedule/reschedule by calling 0000.

Good Luck.

Anil Grover.