Pinching feeling in kidney and pain in buttocks. What's causing this?

Jul 2016

I have been having a pinching feeling in my left kidney with pain in the left side of my buttocks and down my left leg. What can that be?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Based on the limited facts that you have posted it is difficult to make any comment on your query. Will you kindly provide me few more details to help me to diagnose your problem?
1) Do you have any Urinary symptoms associated with the pain?
2) Is pain intermittent or continuous?
3) Have you done routine Urine Test and Ultra sound scanning of the abdomen?
From the facts that you have posted it is likely that you may have stone in the Kidney.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and further management.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Pinching feeling in kidney and pain in buttocks. What's causing this? 21 hours later
I do not have any urinary symptoms, but the pain has been continuous for about a week now
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Thanks for follow up. Please go ahead and get the investigation that I have suggested earlier.
These are important routine test to be done to come to conclusion.
Thanks with Regards.