Pinched skin and have blood to coagulate. Treatment?

General Surgeon
Can you identify what this is and what treatment for this should be? I think I accidentally pinched the skin (back edge of a tool) which caused what seems to be blood to coagulate there. Picture will be attached.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

This is nothing serious. Due to skin injury small veins were ripped. This has caused blood collection under the skin. You have two ways:
- leave it alone so this blood will slowly disappear (it can take even 2 weeks)
- puncture it with a needle and evacuate this blood (needle puncture should not be painful as this blood is very superficial, right under unnerved part of the skin)

If you decide to puncture it, after blood evacuation wash it with water and soap. It should get healed in couple of days.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.