Pimples on face, cheeks, dark spots. Used D-acne, clin 3, seba med clear face bar, no relief. Treatment for acne?

hii, this is XXXXXXX
i hv pimples on my face, especially cheeks.
i have tried various ointments like D-acne, clin 3, seba med clear face bar, etc but it did not work for my skin. due to this problem i hv got dark spot all over my cheeks which results in low confidence. the pimple spots looks very ugly,
kindly give me a solution for quick and better result
thank you
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 31 minutes later

Acne is a lifestyle disease.

Not only it is chronic in nature, but also repeated application of products without much knowledge might worsen the problem and leave scars.

Acne treatment involves antibiotics, retinoids and benzoyl peroxide.
Not all are prescribed to everyone. It needs careful examination to choose the appropriate treatment.

I will be in a better position to help you if you could please send in a photograph of the acne lesions on your face. You have a feature to upload the picture yourself on the right side of the query page. Please utilize that.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Rohit BATRA
Follow-up: Pimples on face, cheeks, dark spots. Used D-acne, clin 3, seba med clear face bar, no relief. Treatment for acne? 1 hour later
i have attached the photographs
please give me the solution asap
thank you
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Thanks for your follow up and photographs.
A topical treatment of acne involves application of combination of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide after bath, this can be washed away after 2hours. Also avoid rubbing it aggressively and apply in small quantity.
Retinoic acid should be applied at night in minute quantity.
A salicylic acid facefach will prevent new lesions.
In case such a treatment doesnot show great results then an oral antibiotic like azithromycin should be added.
Oral isotretinoin is the drug that prevents acne from occuring in future after a course of approx 3months but can only be taken after normal lipid profile under guidence of a dermatologist.
Its a teratogenic drug and cant be taken without giving an informed consent to dermatologist.