Pimples on back, hips, and arms. Leaves red spot. What is the actual reason?

Hello Doctor,
I am having red spots and pimples on my Back,Hips and Arms.Everyday when I get up I see a new acne/pimple arisen on my arms.Ina day or 2 the acne gets vanished btu leaves a red spot behind.
At present, the pimples/acne problem has reduced a lot to around 50% but the marks are going very slowly.

Can you please suggest what is the actual reason behind this ?And also if any suggestion you want to give.

I don't want to have antibiotics reguralarly.Is there any substitute to antibiotics?
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kruti 16 hours later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

Acne can be very distressing. The main reason behind getting pigmentation following acne is picking on the acne i.e. scratching on the pimple. Please avoid it if you have that habit.

To treat the marks you need to apply glycolic acid 6 % cream on the face at night. Keep it overnight. Use it on alternate nights and apply Tretinoin cream on alternate nights on the face. Keep it overnight.

This will reduce the pigmentation and also treat any remaining acne.

Please let me know if you have any queries.