Pimples and acne on face. Saali peel and chin laser not conducive. Suggest medication.

Details :
Height : 4'10
Weight : 41 Kg
Age : 24 yrs
Skin type : Sensitive
Face-wash : Cetaphil.
Dandruff : Present
Hair-fall : Yes
I am suffering from pimples and acne on my face. I have been under the treatment from XXXXXXX skin care since 1.5 yrs but I have not found it conducive. Treatments :
1) Saali peel with mask
2) Chin laser for hair reduction.

Please suggest me the medication to control pimple and acne nuisance.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

Acne is a lifestyle disease and oily skin is the most common factor leading to acne.

Peels are usually secondary to the medical treatment. It is helpful in getting away with marks and have a feel good. It might not treat the primary acne lesions.

The most important factor in treatment is to take oral antibiotic to control infective lesions, retinoids- topical or oral to prevent new lesions and de pigmenting agents like hydroquinone for marks etc. You can avail this treatment by consulting a competent dermatologist. In case a person is also suffering from hormonal imbalance like PCOD etc they too need to be taken care for before the acne can be treated completely.

So I suggest you to stop peels and the other treatment. Visit a qualified dermatologist to get a treatment for acne.

I hope I have answered all your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Pimples and acne on face. Saali peel and chin laser not conducive. Suggest medication. 21 hours later

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Kindly let me know if any kind of diet is required to follow to lessen the impact of pimple and acne.

Have a nice day ahead!

Warmest Regards,
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Diet in acne and pimples can have impact on severity of the lesions in a few patients. Reports suggest that diet XXXXXXX in gycemic content like chocolates, cakes and pastries, fat XXXXXXX food like cheese and burgers can affect the severity.

I will again request you to get a treatment, as diet alone will not stop the lesions though it might affect the severity.

Please accept my answer if you are satisfied with the reply.

Dr.Rohit Batra