Pimple with pus & oil discharge. Any suggestion for remedy?

Dermatologist
Question
I HAVE HAD A HUGE PIMPLE ON MY CHIN FOR 4 MONTHS NOW AND IT WILL NOT GO AWAY,IT HAS NO PUSS ITS FULL OF OIL AND IT LEAKS OIL CONSTANTLY CAN U PLEASE HELP THANK YOU
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting the query,

I would like to know few more thing from you before I come to a conclusion.
1) Do you get frequent pimples or acne on face?
2) Are your monthly menstrual periods regular?
3) Have you tried any medication for the pimple ?
4) Do you get similar lesions at other parts of the body as well?
5) Does it hurt ?
6) Does it show a punctum or a hole in the center of the lesion ?

A clinical look at the lesion would help me further ,so if you can please post a picture of the same it would be good.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

If you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

But with history what you have submitted ,there seems to be two possibilities.

It can either be a pimple itself which has formed a nodular or a cystic lesion.

Or else it can be a sebaceous cyst which on pressure oozes out thick fluid.

If it is a pimple which is infected then you can take a course of oral antibiotic like azithromycin for 3-4 days .

And if it is a sebaceous cyst then the best option is to get it surgically removed.

Your answers with a picture of the lesion would help me discuss further on this.

And if this answers your query ,then please accept my answer in the given section.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.