Pimple on thigh increasing in size, pus, applied Soframycin. Should I take some tablets?

I have a small pimple on my thigh from last week (Not sure if its a boil or a pimple). It was starting to get bigger and was starting to hurt a little. So I started applying Soframycin from last Thursday. Since then it hasnt gotten any bigger, but at the same its not even going away. I have a feeling that If I stop applying this cream, its going to get very big with lot of puss in it.

Please advise me how I should deal with this. Should I take some tablets, or any other that I should try?

Thank you,
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 42 minutes later

Hello and thanks for the query.
It looks like a boil.
Local application of soframycin will help only when your boil bursts.
You apply local hot compress two to three times a day.
If it is paining  then you may take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 3 or 4 days.
If this boil ruptures,you may clean it and apply local soframycin and do the dressing
If the boil gets bigger and there is lot of pus in it ,you may start an antibiotic which can be prescribed to you by your doctor.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.