Pimple on clitoral hood, painful. Curable?

I am 23 years old and I have a pimple sort of a tiny bump on my clitoral hood. It hurts a bit when I touch it. Is it because of heat? I tend to get boils on my body due to heat. What should I do to cure it? Is it okay if I go swimming in such a state?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

The main diagnosis to be ruled out here is a sexually transmitted infection.
Herpes is very common and needs to be ruled out first.If the pimple is filled with fluid/pus etc you need to see a doctor and get tested.
If there is pain,there is most likely infection also.
You might require a course of antibiotics if the boil has become infected and pus formation occurs.
Swimming should be with held until you are cleared of infection.Since you have recently become sexually active,i suggest that you visit any sti clinic or a doctor and get that ruled out.
Once you are cleared of any possible infection,there isnt any problem with swimming etc.