Pimple like rash all over body. Could we leave it alone? Or worry?

My 6 month old grandson has white pimple like rash all over his body, arms, torso, and neck. Is it anything to worry about? Should we leave it alone or put something on it?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Hello dear,

Pimple like rash is a very vague term. Many skin conditions can present as papulo- pustular lesions, be it a viral condition like chicken pox or simply mosquito bites. Also the act of application of oils and cold creams in children can lead to such lesions.

Infant acne is quite common and usually settle down in a couple of weeks on their own. One can apply an antibiotic cream to the lesions and fasten recovery and minimise chances of marks being left behind.

In case there is no systemic complaints like fever, cough and cold then these can be taken lightly else not, and you should visit a dermatologist for a review.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow-up.

Dr. Rohit Batra.