Pimple like bumps on face, cheeks and spreading to arms. What is your opinion?

H Doc, Skin. Face and cheeks- Pimple like bumps- that after a week break into a small scab(like a pimple) -Have spread to hands, bottom of feet, inside nose, eyebrows underarm...(only one 'spot' per place- and no break causing a scab) ) -I had this about 2 years ago - doc didn't know - i was given a cream - but, "we" were perplexed- I would be interested in your opinion.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Pimple like bumps on face, cheeks and spreading to arms. What is your opinion? 13 minutes later
My follow-up question: I am very interested in knowing why you do internet help... I am wondering what personal fulfillment you receive . I think it would be very difficult, if not impossible to diagnose a problem without seeing a patient in person. In fact, I am sure that there are many doctors who would NOT do online diagnosis. I don't know of one. I like to think you are a nice person. Maybe you are out of a job and this is your starter step. Maybe you have personal reasons for doing this - the same as doing those tests in medical journals. (Honing your skills as a diagnostician.) But, skin issues? Surely, you need a photo. So there 'ya' go. that's my $18.00 worth. In any case, I take all this as a grain of salt. I know you are going to take a couple of educated guesses. Then, you will say, "See your family physician for a more thorough examination." All the best. Kind regards, XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Pimple like bumps on face, cheeks and spreading to arms. What is your opinion? 1 minute later
How are you???
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX You are correct in thinking that I need a photograph of the lesions. You do have an option of uploading on the right hand side of the page. I also need more information to narrow down the diagnosis. Thus if you can answer a few questions like: - Do you have any other symptoms like dry skin, dandruff, itching, etc? - Is there any type of fluid or pus present in the lesions? - Are these bumps itchy or painful? - Which treatment worked for you last time? - Do these occur in relation to something like cosmetic use, medicines, antibiotic use, etc? - Did it completely go away last time? In my opinion this seems like a type of dermatitis that may be happening in response to a skin infection, maybe herpes virus or staphylococcal infection. Waiting for your response. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Pimple like bumps on face, cheeks and spreading to arms. What is your opinion? 3 hours later
Thank you. I will look for the page to download. But, this may be beyond my technological expertise. I like your questions . -no dandruff. -fluid: on the face-teeny,weeny perhaps when the scabs come out. -bumps-itchy.Not painful though a slight burn. So, itchy and painful. - I don't remember the cream that was used. But, it "worked" but I don't want to use it gain. i want to know the cause. -I do take thyroid/synthroid .50 a day (ten years) NOTE: INTERESTING POINT:The only place scabs come out are on the face-not the han,feet,inside nose, eyelids etc I'll give it a try. I will find out how to send a photo.Where do I find this page? Thank you. turns out you are a nice person hard at work. Good for you.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again There is an option to "upload your report", where you can upload your photo. Alternatively you can send it to YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name : "Dr Vaishalee Punj" The reason for the scabs are appearing on face only can be many. One reason is that the facial skin has higher turnover. Secondly the pimples may be bigger. Thirdly the causes of pimples on face and other places may be different. The third cause is unlikely. The photographs will be very helpful to get an idea about the nature of the lesions. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Pimple like bumps on face, cheeks and spreading to arms. What is your opinion? 11 hours later
Hi Doc, I did send the attachment via email and that little box. So, I did send photo. Isn't life interesting. I have a theory: I think that whatever appears on the skin is going on inside the body. For example, eczema on the outside: lung problem on the inside (asthma.) I'd be interested in your opinion. Also, if you live in India -would not skin problems differ? Differ according to countries and climate? In southern Africa, skin problems are different than northern Canada. What is your opinion? My husband, a physician, physician-turned -psychiatrist to be precise, died last Christmas. Lymphoma. I learned a lot. Way too much. But, the experience has given me many, many theories about medicine. I still think life is interesting. Here I am in Canada. and, there you are in----what I suspect is India. You are very pretty. i think you must be a very good doctor. If I were to do it again...I would be a doctor. You help people. You see, you think you are helping me with a skin problem. I am suggesting that you think deeper than the skin. Every time you help someone with a problem, you are helping with more than the problem. I am going to go to my doctor anyway. Been 30 years now. But, I think she has to realize that there is more to being a doctor than helping with the issue at hand. She is very up tight about protocol, I think. But,at the same time, I understand that docs have to be careful. But, back to problem with skin is deeper than skin. My problem is not really skin at all. Dr. Vaishalee, if you think about it....we are altogether in this big ship. All trying to help each other out - to me that is what life is about and it is what make it meaningful. You see, I am really missing my husband who was a doctor. i relied on him for everything. From skin to just talking about the weather. But, that is okay. I am really happy about life. I hope you come to Canada and find a job here.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again Sorry for the delayed response. I am sorry to know about your husband. It must be hard to cope up with the loss. I agree with your theory that most skin infections are manifestations of some systemic condition. In fact I was thinking that you have some amazing methods to find solutions. Yes, we are not alone. Everyone encounters similar problems in life, with only a few differences. I have traveled across the world and I have also lived in Canada for quite a while. Yes some conditions differ according to region. My personal experience in both countries says that a condition will have similar presentation anywhere. Thanks for the complements for me. I just try to be human and try to put myself in the other person's shoes and get their perspective. It helps a lot in managing the person's condition. Now coming to the skin condition, on first look it seemed like lesions of Acne rosacea or folliculitis caused by Staphylococcal infection. But the appearance of similar lesions on palms and bottom of feet is perplexing and is unusual for both of these conditions. Thus the next thought that came to my mind was a very mild case of eczema. But as you know, a physical examination is needed to come to conclusions. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee