Pimple appeared on forehead after delivery. Having burning and tingling sensation. Any thoughts?

I just had a baby on Tuesday. The whole pregnancy/delivery was easy. Thursday I was released from the hospital with my son. I had what I thought might be a pimple on my forehead. By Friday at home, my forehead (right side) was tingly and I noticed I had maybe 5 small blisters. What could this be? I do feel pain in the effected area. They occasionally have a burning/tingling sensation.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Herpes zoster could be one of the causes of localized cluster of eruptions with pain and burning sensation.

Did you ever had chicken pox in the past?

Here there will be significant pain and burning sensation. It affects a area supplied by a single nerve.

A physical examination is necessary to confirm the diagnosis.

Please feel free to ask further questions regarding yourself or your new born baby.
I will be more than happy to answer them.

Follow-up: Pimple appeared on forehead after delivery. Having burning and tingling sensation. Any thoughts? 40 minutes later
Now I am freaking out. As I have a new born son and a 2 year old that has never had chicken pox. Is this contagious if indeed I do have it?
Early on in my pregnancy my husband did have Shingles. I was told this would not effect my pregnancy since I had chicken pox as a child.
I am thinking about going to urgent care tonight......
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 5 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

First of all the diagnosis is not confirmed. So do not worry about that.
A physical examination is required to arrive at a diagnosis. So I request you to contact your doctor at the earliest possible.

A person who comes in contact with herpes zoster and never had chicken pox may have chicken pox but not herpes zoster.

Hope this helps.