Piles, lots of pain, blood in stool, constipation, bowel movement problem. Applied shield, frequent reoccurance. Solution?

Related to piles ....I am 27 year old single female....I am having this piles problem since last 7-8 months...intially it all started with a lot of pain and some blood while passing the stool and constipation , i consulted a doctor then..she gave me some medicines and one ointment called sheild to apply and said to change the diet...i started having more fibres n all and the problem disappeared for 2-3 weeks and it was juz one day i didnt eat properly and it again started creating problem in bowel movement n a little pain n since last 7-8 mnths this problem gets ok for some time n then comes for some days ....and today it became again very painfull . i was not able to pass stool yest and today it was very painfull and the stool was hard too i suppose...can u please tell me a treatment where i can permanently get rid of this...i drink at least 2-3 liters of water daily n eat right food..i think ...but this problem disappers for only a week or so..n comes back again ..Also I am taking isotroin 20 mg these days for acne treatment...but this problem of piles started much before i started this treatment
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 38 minutes later

I can appreciate the agony that you have. Piles is a tedious problem to deal with and it will recur on regular intervals.

Constipation and straining to have bowel movements promote piles and that hard stools can traumatize existing plies.

Good amount of fiber and proper diet planning is required to avoid problems.

You need to take regular care to avoid constipation with which it can be aggravated as happened to you.

The ointment shield that was given to you is local anesthetic which will relieve pain and discomfort.

The best option is to visit a surgeon and get your self examined again for having idea to the severity of the problem.

Depending upon the type and severity of the disease treatment can be planned.

Now days there some creams available which make the blood vessels of piles to shrink and reduce its size and discomfort related to it.

In case of severe problem surgery is the only answer. Now a day the staplers are available which makes things easy and faster recovery and return to work.

Please watch your weight, have more fiber in diet, do regular exercise and maintain a healthy life style to avoid frequent problems.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.