Piece of skin covered with blood in underwear. Why is it happening?

I went to the bathroom and when I went to pull my pants down there was a piece of skin on my underwear. It was kinda long and skinny and it was covered in blood because of got my period the other day. But I have no idea why it's is
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 27 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
If your periods were on time & there was no chance of a pregnancy then it is likely to be a piece of endometrium ( inner most lining of your womb ) which is shed every month with your periods.
Otherwise it may represent a product of conception if you have any chance of being pregnant.
Hope this information alleviate your confusion. Please write back if you want to discuss this further.