Physical test normal,gaseous and smelly stool

I am 53, 5-10, 185. Had a physical 5 wks ago; everything was normal. Lately I've had gaseous, smelly, floating, sometimes stringy, stools. Your thoughts?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later

Gaseous,smelly floating stools is called steatorrhea.It means that there is excess fat in your diet.Steatorrhea can also be caused by infections, medications, or conditions that disrupt the absorptive lining of the intestines, such as Crohn's disease and celiac disease.You need to monitor your food intake and content.You may also need to de-worm your system.
I suggest you monitor your intake for a week or so.If no change,you should see your doctor for a stool test,to start with.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.