Phone hit baby's face, normal and responsive, no bumps. Is baby alright?

I dropped my cell phone from my bed to my infants cosleeper. The phone landed on the side of her face and a bit on her head; she didn't cry just made a face and kept sleeping. A while later i changed her diaper and she was acting normal and responsive. There is no bump or red spot where the phone hit her, I was wondering for my peace of mind if she is alright.
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 27 minutes later

I think your baby is all right as because she was acting normal and responsive.

The ominous signs after head injury are vomiting, unconsciousness, cry because of head injury. If these are not present, there is no reason to be worried. As there is no bump or red spot where the phone hit her, there is no external scalp injury as well.

Therefore, do not worry. I am assuring you that no injury has occurred to your infant.

Hope I have answered your query. Still if you have any further query you may write back to me.

Dr Arnab Maji