Petechia, spots on breast, arms, abdomen, leukemia, CBC count, RBC count, platelet count

Hello! I am concerned about some spots which I think are petechiae. I have seen several doctors and all have assured me that I am fine. I have had several CBC counts and all showed platel;ets within normal range. THey ranged from 210 to 309. My RBC are nornal as well. I am just concerned because I noticed more petechial spots on my right breast. My concern was initially was Leukemia, which was ruled out by the normal blood results. I guess I am just concerned as to what is causing the spots. I have some on my arms, abdome and breast. I have had my XXXXXXX medicine doctor, hematologist, dermatologist all tell me I am fine. I guess I am looking for reassurance. Am I just worrying myself to death?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I understand your concern with these spots and with a platelet count in the range you describe it is almost impossible for these to be petechiae. We see these in patients with platelet counts at a level of 10 or less.

Please find reassurance in my confidence that I am sure you do not have leukemia or any blood disorder at this time. I am especially confident of this in light of the fact that your dermatologist agrees.

What you are seeing is likely a benign skin change associated with aging and nothing at all to worry about.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful, informative and reassuring. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga