Pet scan report. What is the next treatment?

my pet scan shows or impression stated hypermetabolic 1.3x 2.7 cm right middle lobe mass suspicious for neoplasm, hypermetabolic right mediatinal nodal mass is suspicious for metastasis and hypermetabolic right hilar nodal mass is also suspicious for metastasis. what will be the next treatment or the next step to do ?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 5 hours later

Thanks for posting the query here.

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have been diagnosed with suspicious mass lesion in the right middle lobe and right mediastinal and hilar lymph nodes.

2. The next line of management will be to get confirmation by tissue diagnosis.

3. Tissue diagnosis can be done by Transbronchial lung biopsy via bronchoscpe or a CT scan guided biopsy from the lung lesion or lymphnode. Transbronchial needle aspiration from the mediastinal lymphnodes via bronschope is also an option. Also nowadays if EBUS (Endobronchial ultrasound) is available then EBUS guided FNAC can be taken from the lesions.

4. Also during bronchoscopy , XXXXXXX (broncho alveolar lavage) can be examined for malignant cells.

5. Apart from this the supportive evidence can be obtained by investigating for blood investigation including checking specific tumor marker levels.

6. Please consult a Pulmonologist, so that you will be clear regarding the further line of action.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra