Perspiring a lot, lot of gas in stomach and had indigestion.BP also elevated. Is this a heart problem ?

Dear doctor ,

Yesterday i had an very embarassing situation in office after which i found myself perspiring a lot .I also developed lot of gas in stomach and had indigestion .I also found my body too much paining .Today when i woke up in morning i felt normal but after coming to office i am feeling very much exhaused and weak .I am also feeling as my body muscles are not relaxed .I do not have any heart problem previously .Is it something related to heart ? My blood pressure last night was 116/80 .Please advice the way forward .I want to feel normal again .I had recently married and i have not disclosed this to my wife. I am not feeling sexually normal also after the same .
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

Let me reassure you one thing. We do face embarrassing situations in life quite a few times.

The acute stressful situation that you experienced yesterday may have triggered off gastritis and indigestion in you.

You were normal when you woke up today morning, and the exhaustion has come back again at your office.

I suggest you to take a 2 days break from work and rest at home.

I am glad that you do not have a history of heart problem. In my view, it is not related to your heart.

Your blood pressure recording is normal; do not worry about it.

Drink plenty of fluids and eat regularly.

It is better to talk to your wife about this. She may support you to get over the stress and exhaustion.

Once you feel better, you can get an ECG (Electrocardiogram) done.

I do not think there is a major health issue here. However, if your symptoms do not get any better in few days please consult a primary care physician.

Please do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Follow-up: Perspiring a lot, lot of gas in stomach and had indigestion.BP also elevated. Is this a heart problem ? 7 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your answer .I want to know what exactly seems to have happened .Why I had such high perspiration and body pain ?I will definitely get ECG done as adviced by you and consult a physician in case i do not get better .
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

High perspiration and body pain that you had are related to autonomic nervous system over-activity. It is the body's defense mechanism to stress. It gets corrected automatically once you are relaxed, in ten to fifteen minutes. Rarely, does it require medical intervention.

Please follow my suggestions in the earlier reply.

I wish you speedy recovery and a healthy life.