Perspiration at night, dry cough, sperms in urine

Hi I am suffering from night sweats not daily and dry cough from last 5years.I m so worried plz tell me why was that happens with me and I got some sperms in urien.thanx
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Suffering from dry cough for last 5 years is a matter of concern and needs to investigated. Commonly such prolonged duration of cough is allergic in nature or due to dry throat. Anti allergic medicines and steroid sprays can help to relieve your symptoms after properly investigating and ruling out other serious causes of chronic cough under the guidance of your physician.
Passing sperms in the urine is more likely to be either a urine infection or passing some prostatic secretions in the urine. A complete urine examination will help in making the situation clear.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Perspiration at night, dry cough, sperms in urine 7 hours later
I got night sweats as well with dry cough from 5years.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Night sweats associated with chronic dry cough might be suggestive of tuberculosis. A sputum examination and culture will help in the diagnosis.

Night sweats may just be a coincidental finding with chronic cough and may need to be dealt with separately.

Sincerely hope it will help.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Follow-up: Perspiration at night, dry cough, sperms in urine 2 hours later
Thanks for answer but I have fear that is HIV patients have something like this.I have cough from 5 years and night sweat as well from when I was 18.and the other thing is from 18 I have night falls once a week and from 3 year I got sperms in I m 23.night sweats are not daily.plz help me I m so worried.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

The chest infection that is chronic can happen as a result of HIV also as HIV is an immunodeficient state and infections are a common thing in such patients. You can get your HIV status checked using ELISA for specific antigens.

Hope this helps.