Personal trainer and takes protein supplements most days. Could these affect the smell of sperm?

My guy is a personal trainer and a "beef cake",. He takes protein supplements most days, could these affect the smell of his sperm?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....not exactly.
Detailed answer.....
Normally smell of the semen is not changed much with diet but tastewise ,it definitely gets changed by the type of foods eaten.
It is said that vegetarian people have sweet sperms as compared to non vegetarians and this is because non vegetarians produce more uric acid as compared to vegetarians.
This uric acid is also found in semen,where it's role is as an anti oxidant to prevent the  damage to sperms.
Other foods which can alter the taste of semen are alcohol,onion,garlic etc.
Taking protein supplements would cause the semen to taste more salty and slightly bitter.
if anybody's semen is very foul smelling,then it could mean infection in semen.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck