Persisting vaginal discharge and smell. Gynol syrup works? What else is recommended?

does gynol syrup really work for persisting vaginal discharge and smell? what is wrong with me and what do you recommend to make this go away forever????
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later

You have a form of bacterial vaginitis. That's whats causing the fishy smell.

The frequent vaginal infections is not a good prognosis for the dysplasia. You need to keep having regular PAP smears.

You should also get your blood sugar tested.

About gynol, its a herbal remedy which basically improves the immune system of the body. How effective it is, will depend on several other factors like your discharge, immunity, etc.

I can not comment on the 'working' part of it, as herbal remedies often don't have any studies done on them. Since its basically a combination of nutrients, I don't see any reason why you can not try it. However, its not recommended in diabetics to rule that out first. You need to have a healthy diet and avoid anemia. Sometimes hormone imbalance may also cause infections.

You can of course, try it but along with that keep in mind all the other points I have stressed. Also keep in mind that with multiple sexual partners genital infections are more common.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.