Persisting upper chest pain, pulsation in the ribs. Causes?

I Have had consistent upper chest pain for 7 months, 8 wks ago I noticed between two of my ribs top right above my breast pulsating almost like a beat but also does random beats, it is visual and has now started on the left side to in a couple of places (is always there). Sharp pain also comes and goes in upper right area? please help :-(
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Visible pulsations in the upper chest wall are usually cardiac pulsations and are more prominent in thin built individuals. If there are no associated symptoms like shortness of breath, palpitations, pain in the area, dizziness, irregular heart beats, etc then most likely it is not suggestive of any pathology.
Still it is better to get yourself investigated properly for your cardiac status under the guidance of your cardiologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.