Persisting painful blood clot on the cheek after a fall. Suggestion?

Pulmonologist
Question
I FAIL AND HIT MY HEAD AND CHECK BONE AND HAD A CONCUSION AND I HAVE A BLOOD CLOT IN MY CHECK IT HAS BEEN THERE TWO MONTHS OR MORE AND IT HURTS AND DOES'T SEEM TO WANT TO GO AWAY. I PUT ICE ON IT AND IT GOES DOWN A LITTLE BUT IT IS RIGHT BACK ALL THE ICE DOES IS KEEP ME COMFORTABLE FOR AWHILE HOW LONG DO THEY USUALLY LAST AND AM I IN ANY DANGER.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

Considering the history of fall 2 months back and presence of tender swelling since then, I suggest that you immediately visit an orthopedician and get your imaging tests done. There is a high probability of non healed fracture of your cheek bone with fracture hematoma formation at the site.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.