Persisting high temperature, urinary infection. On antibiotics. Still having fever

my granmother is 80 and has temperature on and off for a week, she has been given antibiotics by the doctor for a urine infection but her temp is stil high after 3 days of taking them what can be wrong?
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chandana Krishna 2 hours later

Thank you for writing in.

I would like to know if she is diabetic or not.

The organism causing the infection might not be sensitive to the antibiotics prescribed.

Kindly get an urine culture sensitivity test done. If it’s already done, report should be available by now.
Has the antibiotics been changed as per culture reports?

If not, then they have to be changed as per the sensitivity pattern.

Awaiting your response. I'll be happy to help you.