Persisting headache, feeling pressure behind the head and neck

I have been having this strange kind of headache for the last 6 month or so. its regular sometime and not so regular. Its more in the evening. it is kind of feeling like im gaining blood pressure in the rear part of my head just above the neck.
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
A headache more frequently felt in the evenings can be related to a rise in blood pressure. You need to monitor your blood pressure at different times of the day for a few days.
The other causes that need to be considered are-
1. Anxiety/ tension- try to relax yourself, decrease alcohol or caffeine intake, take a mild sedative for a good and restful sleep, do mild aerobics, etc.
2. Eyestrain-Straining your eyes to focus on things can be a big factor of what causes headaches. You need to get your eyes examined for refraction.
If the headache is not getting relieved with mild pain killers then you need an evaluation by a neurologist to find out the cause.
Also, i would advise you to get an MRI head and neck done to rule out any organic causes if none of the above causes seem likely.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.