Persisting fever since a week. Taking crocin, oflomac, advent & domstal. Reason?

Actually my daughter is suffering from fever for about 6 days. she is taking Crocin 6 days / Oflomac 6 days / Advent 3 days / and if req'd Domstal. for the past 3 days the fever was around 100.4 But from this morning she felt better. But now in the evening again she is not feeling well. For these 6 days she did not take food regularly She took food only last night, But now from the morning she took about 30 Gm of Choco Kellogs. pl. let me know what is the reason.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later

Infections are common feature among toddlers. With the details that you have provided, it is difficult to predict what type of infection your daughter is suffering. If I were to take a guess, I will consider it to be a 'Viral Infection'; as they are the commonest.
Other symptoms such as reduced appetite, vomiting and general weakness are common features of viral infections.
Appetite improves gradually over a week as infection heals.
The fact that your daughter has started eating well since last night is a sign of recovery. And so there are no reasons to worry.
I think you are going in the right direction, continue the antibiotics 'Oflomac' as suggested by your doctor. Crocin and Domstal syrups may be stopped and used only if needed.

I hope I have answered your query.

If you have any additional queries that you wish to discuss, please write back to us. I will be pleased to answer them as well.

Warm Regards
Dr. Prasad