Persisting cold, sneezing, headache, weight loss. Suggestion?

Hi Doctor,
From past 3 months i am suffring by a weird cold , i sneeze or feel coldish at morning only and my nose goes crazy all day ..... i have suttle head aces also and i have loosed a lot of weight.... could you please suggest me whats going on ... ?
I also do get shoulder and hand finger pains ..... just for a fraction of a second
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later
Thanks for the query XXXXXXX

It looks like you are suffering from allergic rhinitis otherwise called morning sniffles. Many people especially the ones living in the cities suffer from this. It is aggravating factors are dust and pollen also sometimes the cold weather.

You could take tablet levocetrizine to control it. If it is troubling you a lot then a few days of steroid spray can be used. The spray does not have any side effects of that of regular tablet steroids.

The pain in the joint is not related to this. If it comes regularly then I suggest an x XXXXXXX and routine blood work for the same. The symptoms do not fit into any specific disease and can be ignored.

If there is something else I can help you with please let me know I will be happy to help.

Have a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Persisting cold, sneezing, headache, weight loss. Suggestion? 34 minutes later
Thank u doctor , i have also loosed a lot of weight, could this be due to stress because i have suffred from migrane and i do use my brain rub it at by switching gears all the time mostly 18hrs a day or anything suspicious ?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later
Hi again,

I am happy you got back.

Loss of weight is common when people are under stress and people suffering from frequent migraine attacks. But in your case, I think working for 18 hours and possible irregular eating habits could have contributed to weight reduction.

According to our guidelines, if a person loses 10% body weight then it is of concern

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Wish you good health.