Persistently low globulin levels a/g ratio elevated. Liver function WNL. Reason?

Persistently low globulin levels a/g ratio elevated. Liver function WNL.
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Causes of low globulin level can be caused by malnutrition, liver disease, severe burns, or severe kidney disease. 

a slightly low serum globulin probably has no significance, say 1.9 (where the low end of normal range is 2.2 or 2.3) unless associated with some other disease, as mentioned above.

Although you have not mentioned your globulin levels and I also presume that you don't have diseases which I mentioned earlier,I feel that you should not worry about it.
Low globulin levels will automatically increase your A/G ratio.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.