Persistent sore throat, swollen glands, hot flushes, night sweats, loss of appetite, low iron, fatigue

i have a persistant sore throat andswollen glands. one side inparicular is very visable on my neck.i had swollen nodules afew years ago and was told t go back if the got bigger.its really getting me down now.i have hot flushes, sweat at night,loss of apetite and im exhaused due to low iron.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 51 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. There are many factors that can cause a sore throat on one side, including abscesses in the throat, swollen glands, and infected lymph nodes. In some cases, dental issues, such as an impacted tooth, can be connected to single-sided throat pain as well, as can environmental factors, like exposure to harsh chemicals. Bacterial infections, such as streptococci, can result in a sore throat on one side. When bacteria invades the throat, it can cause the tissues to swell up and make them feel scratchy or sore. An infection in other parts of the head, such as in one ear or the sinuses, can also result in a sore throat on one side. Mucus may drip from the sinuses into the throat when someone has a sinus infection, causing irritation on one side. Glands and lymph nodes around the throat may swell when the body is fighting off an infection. Many people develop swollen or tender lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck when they are coming down with a cold or flu. While this is generally a natural response to common illnesses, it can cause pain on one side and difficulty swallowing. Will recommend to get yourself examined by a clinician to rule out any infectious cause. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks