Persistent pain on cheek after falling down

i fell on my butox. for a few days it was alittle sore. its been slowly getting worse, i defintlly have pain on both cheeks when sitting or walkingy
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Likely to be soft tissue injury. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The persistent pain in both the butt cheeks after the fall is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury or a hematoma in the area. Usually this heals in about 2-3 weeks of the injury. The worry starts if signs of infection like fever, redness etc. present, and symptoms like pain, swelling increases and last for more than 3 weeks. The home remedies your can follow are: 1. I'd suggest you apply ice packs to the area for the next 24 hours (this will help limit the bleeding in the injured areas), and then switch to warm packs, which will help your body clear the pain away. (Remember to place a dry towel between your skin and an ice pack.) 2. Take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory for your discomfort (e.g., ibuprofen or naproxen); these medications usually are well tolerated and don't interact. If you have an increase in swelling, Tenderness at the site and pain even in slight weight bearing than you need to do X-ray. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL