Perscribed Beconase for enlarged adenoids. Have sore throat, hurts to swallow. Side effects?

Dec 2014

Hi, I have been perscribed Beconase (nasal spray) for possible enlarged adenoids, after taking it properly for te first time tonight, I have a sore throat. It's not that bad, but it does hurt a little to swallow.
I read on the side effects that throat irritation can be a side effect and to seek medical advice etc if I suffered any side effects...

I wanted to ask, do I need to be concerned, or is this a minor sode effect of Beconase (if a side effect at all) or should I be okay?

I took the Beconase maybe two hours ago.

Please answer asap as at this moment I am quite concerned.

Kind Regards,

Extra notes:
I am Thirty Two,
Other drugs I use are Asthma Inhalers (Seratide 250 and Salbutamol 100 Twice daily)
Diazepam (2MG When necessary)
Anti Gastric Medication.
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Beconase of beclomethasone is a steroid drug and it is available as nasal spray for allergy, asthma and various other conditions like adenoids.

You have developed throat irritation after its use and I would like to tell you that its a minor side effect of this inhaler and not the drug. I want you to do gargles with lukewarm water and a little salt. This will clear any deposition and will improve the throat. Chlorhexidine gargles are also useful.

There is no significant drugs interaction with other drugs you are taking so there is no need to worry.

Hope this helps you, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Follow-up: Perscribed Beconase for enlarged adenoids. Have sore throat, hurts to swallow. Side effects? 7 hours later
Excellent thank you :)
So the throat irritation is minor and not cause for concern at all?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Yes it is common to have minor throat irritation with inhaler. Just gargle your throat 3-4 times a day.