Permanent solution for getting straight hair?

I have very wavy hair right from my childhood.
I tried using different shampoos & conditions but nothing worked.
I have tried temporary & permanent straightning but that last for limited period.
Can i some solution to have striaght hair.

Thanks for help.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,
XXXXXXX let me tell you that there are lot many people like you who wants to straighten their hair permanently .But I would like to convey that there is nothing which can be permanent here ,but only long lasting.

You can try for hair re-bonding at any good reputed parlor.But again this would be long lasting only.

But it is also a fact that these things always comes with the risk of damaging your hair.Not only I have come across patients who land up with hair loss after such procedures but also the hair shaft gets damaged.

There are straightening rods available ,but one should not use them very often.Shampoos or conditioners wont help either.

Curly hair is some thing which is genetic and so it would be difficult to straighten them permanently.Sorry to disappoint you ,but then this is the fact.

Hope I've answered your query.
Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.