Periods were heavy, but now reduced. Getting hot flashes, feel nauseous and lost weight. Suggest?

Mar 2013
I am 34yrs old with a 13yr old daughter. my periods have been pretty regular lasting 5 days. in march it lasted 2 days skipped april may 2 days and XXXXXXX 1 day. I have been getting hot flashes and feel nauseous at times I have also lost some weight. I already paid
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 hours later
You seem to have hormonal imbalance.
Please consult a gynecologist and have evaluation along the following lines -
1. Pelvic transvaginal ultrasound to evaluate the uterus and ovaries.
2. Hormonal profile - FSH, LH, TSH, Serum prolactin, adrenal hormones.
3. Complete blood count, liver and renal profile tests, glucose tolerance test.
Common causes of irregular cycles are - anxiety, stress, emotional turbulence, hectic travelling, recent changes in weight, ingestion of hormonal medications or medications that alter the menstrual cycle etc.
Polycystic ovaries, hypothyroidism and endometrial pathologies also could cause such a picture.
Sometimes, premature ovarian ageing could lead to pseudo menopausal symptoms, such as those you are experiencing.
The above suggested workup would point towards a specific cause for your problems.
Meanwhile, make sure you have an ideal BMI ( exercise regularly and eat healthy ), and that you are stress free.
Feel free to discuss further.