Periods regular. Onserved delay this month. Begun lactating. Test negative. What to do?

I had my baby 7 months ago had regular periods after until march, now I'm going on my fourth month without a period and i have begun to lactate but the tests are negative?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later

If you have not been on any form of contraception after child birth, you should suspect pregnancy first. I would ask you to get a serum beta-hCG test done along with a trans-vaginal sonogram and consult a specialist immediately for a proper evaluation. As you are already into your fourth month of amenorrhea, a sonogram would be conclusive.

If pregnancy has been excluded, you may need to be evaluated for hormonal disturbances; weight disturbances, stress, infections and certain medications also can create such a situation.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.