Periods overdue, abnormal menstrual cycle, taken Regestron. Breast and nipple pain. When will I get my periods?

I am overdue of my periods around 1 month and my menstrual cycle is also not normal..Then i take Regetron 5 mg for 5 days twice. I have some pain in Breasts and nipples. After completing the course of Regestron this is my 5th day but still i am not getting my period?? Kindly Suggest when i get my periods???
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello Akriti,

Since your periods are overdue by one month and even after taking tab regesterone twice, you have not experienced any withdrawal bleeding, the first thing that needs to be ruled out is pregnancy.
You need to test the pregnancy status by doing a urine for pregnancy test for which kits are readily available in market.
If the pregnancy is ruled out then the other reasons of delayed periods may be considered like hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea , polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that need to be ruled out.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.