Periods not started after delivering baby. Had unprotected sex. Is there a chance to get pregnant again?

Excellent

Question
hello sir,
my wife is deliverd a baby on 32 days back. she not started his periods YET . but yesterday we had unsafed sex. so is it any chance to pergnent again. can she have ipills today. is the ipill tablet efect to baby feeding
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Please note that normally in a mother who breast fed her child, the period will start any where between minimum 3-4 months after delivery. Some times it takes even 6 months.

When she does not have her periods means that she is not ovulating. When there is no ovulation there are no chances of pregnancy.

I do not see any risk for pregnancy at present.

As far as I pills are concerned, any hormonal pills are not to be taken as long as baby is feeding.

Please do not worry. At least for first couple of months in most of the cases there is no risk for pregnancy. Then later on you need to take care once she starts having her periods.

After please discuss the options that you have with your gynecologist.

I hope this helps.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you both a happy parenting.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Periods not started after delivering baby. Had unprotected sex. Is there a chance to get pregnant again? 49 minutes later
Thanks Dr,

until her first periods we can take unsafe sex, am i write? even if not take ipills,

After cesarean, when we can start normal method of sex? now we are taking very safe methods.

Good to hear from you soon.

You are partially right.

As wrote earlier until the regular periods starts there are no chances of pregnancy. Still this could be risky at times. Because the month that she is going to have periods is not sure. It can be any time between 3-6 months.

It is advisable to use some form of contraception even during this time. Barrier method is best during this time.

As far as normal method is concerned, body takes about 6-7 weeks for the pelvic organs to be in non pregnant normal stage.

You should try after time in the absence of any problem.

Dr.Pragnesh