Periods, no sex for 6 weeks, heavy bleeding. Pregnancy ?

ENT Specialist
Here is d question...i got my periods on 24th XXXXXXX XXXXXXX it finished XXXXXXX got it again on 10th july and its freaking me out as i am still having it its been 7 days and i havent finished yet cant b pregnant ryt??coz havent had sex for more XXXXXXX 6weeks last tym had sex was on 6th XXXXXXX m wondering why isnt it stoping And how come i had it in such short span of tym plizzzzz help m freaking out as usual
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 37 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Well, from your history, it is clear that with in 16 days of the last period you have got your periods again, and this signifies that you have not conceived in this time.

This condition is known as menorrhogia and the cause is hormonal imbalance.

You need to consult a gynecologist, and might be possible that it may take a month time to regularize your periods.

your doctor will prescribe you synthetic hormonal preparations like progesterone for atleast a month.

Secondly get the following investigations done---

1- PAP smear.

2-USG pelvis and abdomen.

TO RULE OUT ANY OTHER ORGANIC CAUSE, but the chances of just the hormonal imbalance are more in your case.

Do not worry, you will be all fine.

Hope it will help you out and I am ready for future follow ups( if any).

Follow-up: Periods, no sex for 6 weeks, heavy bleeding. Pregnancy ? 2 hours later
Wen will my periods stop??as i have mentioned its the seventh day today and it is very very annoying as my periods never lasts for 7 days thank you
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Actually the menses will not stop with out medication like progesterone substitutes, in cases of Menomenorrhagia.

You will have to consult a Gynaecologist and that too at the earliest.

After the initiation of the treatment, the bleeding would stop within 2 days.

Hope this answers your query.