Periods, ipill, bleeding, sex again, one more ipill, delayed period. Effect of ipill or pregnancy ?

Sexologist
Question
Had a period on 3rd May 2011. But due to an error in judgement had to take I-pill on 7th. On 11th started bleeding again. It continued for 4 days. And then another mishap happened on 24th May. Took another I-Pill on 25th i.e. within 24 hours. But nothing happened after that. Today it is 8th XXXXXXX And my period has not started. Should I be worried about pregnancy. How to test it? And if it is there how to abort it so that no one comes to know of it? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Teen Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 15 minutes later
Dear Friend,

Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum & Thanks for the query.

You had I Pill immediately after unprotected intercourse. Hence the chance of pregnancy is very rare. The bleeding may be due to hormone imbalance caused by ipill or stress factors.

If you wish to get tested for pregnancy, you may do a urine pregnancy test.
You can buy a urine pregnancy kit (velocit) from a local pharmacy or chemist
You add two drops of early morning urine to the card and wait for some time. If only control line is visible, pregnancy test is negative. If control line and test lines are visible, then it is positive.

If you are really anxious, you can do the card test.

There are medical methods of Medical Termination of Pregnancy. A qualified gynaecologist would be able to perform it. Consult them for assistance if pregnancy is confirmed and you wish to terminate.

Hope I have answered your query adequately. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Reproductive & Sexual Health

With Warm Regards

Follow-up: Periods, ipill, bleeding, sex again, one more ipill, delayed period. Effect of ipill or pregnancy ? 8 hours later
If the period has not happened...shall I wait?
On 30th April I had period. But after having I-Pill on 7th May I bleeded for another 4 days from 11th May onwards. Next I-Pill i had on 26th May. Then nothing happened. So what do you think about my period which has not started yet. And is urine method of detection is full proof at this stage....?

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 18 hours later

Thanks for getting back to me.

I pill is basically a synthetic hormone (Levonorgestrel) which alters the hormonal status of women temporarily. That is why irregular bleeding is there.

Much more accurate method is a blood test - Serum hCG, which will be produced by placenta and emerges into your blood and urine within ten days of your conception.

If your periods are not coming and the pregnancy test is negative / positive, better consult a gynecologist locally.

Hope I have answered your query adequately.

With Warm Regards