Periods delayed due to stress. Took contraceptive pill. Started periods. Any ideas?

Dear Doc,
Hope you remember me! I asked you a query regarding my girl friend's problem.

As you suggested, we went to doctor. I have attached all the prescriptions.

Doctor said, due to shock/stress period did not come and she also said that it will take atleast 30 days more for periods to come, if medicines taken properly.

But today, my girl friend got periods. I am much confused. Please take a look at the prescriptions and reports and suggest what can we do.

She has also given contraceptive pills.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The ultrasound report is normal. There are no cysts in the ovaries. Now that the periods have come, there is nothing to worry. The likely cause of delay is due to stress and environmental factors. She does not need the treatment prescribed to her now. She can monitor her cycles and in case this delay in periods happens again, the thyroid hormone evaluation is recommended.
Right now she can avoid taking the pills.
This delay in periods is not likely to affect her future chances of conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.